Saturday, August 17, 2013

I thought I would never have love with MS, since I have had two failed relationships after the ms diagnosis. True love is possible with a chronic, unpredictable illness.

 
Katrina Taylor, Columnist & Poet, MSnewsChannel.com
Share my poem. It's a poem about finding a love when least expected, finally true love. A love I found with a man who accepts me and accepts my multiple sclerosis. For a long time, I thought I would never have love with ms, since I have had two failed relationships after the ms diagnosis. True love is possible with a chronic, unpredictable illness.

A Love like This
I have spent many days searching for what I thought I would never find;
Never knowing that one day we would be brought together, but rewind
To those earlier days when the mistakes were made along the way
To the moment that we would be brought together on our fateful day

That is beyond the word special, beyond the feelings of complete satisfaction
That you give to me every day, in every way, for me it is more than just a reaction
To the way you love me, the way you warm me throughout, and complete me.
You have a way with me that I crave and need; and you hold the only key
To my heart, soul, and into my mind and you were able to bring me alive,
And took me to a life I thought I would never have, making me wanting to survive
The roughest days because a love like you has me constantly wanting more and more,
Because a love like this is exist only in the movies and never have I experienced before.
Every day that I have with you is a day that I am thankful, that I will hold close to my heart
And the more that we are together; we realize that nothing could ever keep us apart.
KATaylor